Wednesday 6 May 2009

Time to Reflect

Sometimes I wonder what has happened in 20 years I have been a teacher. First, where has the time flown and second, it is amazing to think of all the things I now worry about as a teacher that I didn't when I first started teaching. There have been times when I have wanted to walk away from this profession. I have gone home crying, walked into school crying and basically cried at almost every part of the school day. I have also been filled with joy during all of those times. But, what really motivates us to keep going? Money? Holidays? Children? What? I think it changes from time to time and, somehow, I have kept going. I am glad I did. This is the best year I have had and if I had quit, I wouldn't be able to be a part of what I am today. There are some amazing times ahead. I just hope that I have the energy to go with the the changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment